All classes are held on Fridays.
Program is limited to 36 participants, 12 in each class time.
The 9-week Phlebotomy Technician Program is a combination of weekly classes/labs and supporting textbook studies. The $799 fee includes the textbook, 1 set of scrubs, and all lab fees.
Enrollment Process for Phlebotomy Technician Program
- Register and pay online for the Phlebotomy Technician Program at www.calhoun.edu/phlebotomy
- You will receive via email the dates for the mandatory enrollment sessions. Respond by email, selecting your desired date. If you do not receive an email within 2 working days, please contact Diane Peck at email@example.com or 256-306-2515
Note: ALL Phlebotomy students are required to attend an enrollment session.
- The enrollment session will include:
- Signing required paperwork
- Ordering scrubs
- Information about the Optional Clinical Rotation
Optional Clinical Rotation (1 or 2-week assignments)
The Optional Clinical Rotation Program will be discussed during the enrollment session. This option gives you the opportunity to obtain at least 100 documented blood draws at a local hospital/clinic/facility. Once the documentation is received by Calhoun Community College, you will be allowed to apply for and take the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT) National Certification Exam. This exam is held at the Huntsville campus of Calhoun Community College.
The Calhoun Community College fee for the clinical rotation is $249.00, and includes the following:
- Name Badge for Clinical Rotation (if required)
- Fee for membership into the ASPT
- Cost of the ASPT National Certification exam
- Associated fees
You are responsible for the following additional items (NOT included in the $249.00 fee)
- Drug Screen/Background Check - minimum of $71.50 - must go through the college vendor, ESS
- Proof of a recent 2-part TB skin test
- Proof of a recent influenza vaccination
Information about the Optional Clinical Rotations will be discussed during the mandatory Enrollment Session. Payment for the Clinical Rotation is due after the first class of the Phlebotomy Technician Program.
Upon successful completion of the Phlebotomy Technician Program, the Optional Clinical Rotation, and receiving a passing score on the ASPT National Certification Examination, you will receive a National Certification through the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT).
NOTE: You must successfully complete the Phlebotomy Technician Program to participate in the Optional Clinical Rotation.
All refund requests for the Phlebotomy class must be received in writing by December 16, 2019. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, and then call 256-306-2515 to confirm receipt of the request.
For information about the class, please email email@example.com.