The On-Line Electronic Health Record (EH R) Management program prepares students to understand and use electronic records in a medical practice. Course reviews the implementation and management of electronic health information using common electronic data interchange systems and maintaining the medical, legal, accreditation and regulatory requirements of the electronic health record.
This self-directed program covers the following key areas and topics:
- Importance of the medical record as a legal document
- The effect of confidential communication laws on the release of medical information and HIPAA
- Shills required to use and EH R to manage patient visit information including the examination, assessment notes and treatment plans.
- Importance of data accuracy, consistency, completeness, and security of information
- Basic code set principles and their applications with an emphasis on the ambulatory/outpatient setting and an introduction to inpatient medical records.
Students who complete this comprehensive course would be prepared to sit for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS) exam. Exam fee not included in price.
Students have up to 6 months to complete this self-directed program. Students will be issued electronic textbooks (eTextbooks).
Students may enroll and begin this program at any time.
Refunds are not offered for the On-Line Programs