The On-Line Medical Terminology course offers a clear and concise introduction to medical terminology with extensive opportunities for student practice. It reviews word components and basic principles for interpreting terms within each of the major medical specialties. The course does not require any previous knowledge of science or biology. The skills students obtain through this course will benefit them in any healthcare field they choose to pursue.
This course covers the following key areas and topics
- Skills for identifying, spelling, and analyzing medical terms
- Word structure including root words, prefixes, combining forms, and suffixes
- Review of major medical specialties and associated body systems
- Introductory anatomy and physiology and common pathologies
- Major drug classifications, diagnostic tests, and treatment procedures
- Medical abbreviations and symbols
Students have up to 6 months to complete this self-directed, On-Line Program. Textbooks are mailed to the students.
Students may enroll in and start the On-Line Program at any time.
Refunds are not offered with the On-Line Programs.