All classes are held on Fridays.
Program is limited to 36 participants, 12 in each class time.
The 9-week Phlebotomy Technician Program is a combination of weekly classes/labs and supporting textbook studies. The $799 fee includes the textbook, 1 set of scrubs, and all lab fees.
Enrollment Process for Phlebotomy Technician Program
- Register and pay online for the Phlebotomy Technician Program at www.calhoun.edu/phlebotomy
- You will receive via email the dates for the mandatory enrollment sessions. Respond by email, selecting your desired date. If you do not receive an email, please contact Diane Peck at email@example.com or 256-306-2515.
- All students must provide documentation of 2 recent TB skin tests administered within 2 weeks of each other. Documentation must include dates tests were done, dates read, and results. Students may substitute a recent Chest X-ray instead of the 2 TB skin tests.
- Students must have proof of current influenza vaccination or sign a waiver.
- All Paperwork due by deadline listed on website – includes TB skin tests and influenza vaccination documentation.
Note: ALL Phlebotomy students are required to attend an enrollment session.
Optional Clinical Rotation (1 or 2-week assignments)
The Optional Clinical Rotation Program will be discussed during the enrollment session. This option gives you the opportunity to obtain at least 100 documented blood draws at a local hospital/clinic/facility. Once the documentation is received by Calhoun Community College, you will be allowed to apply for and take the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT) National Certification Exam. This exam is held at the Huntsville campus of Calhoun Community College.
The Calhoun Community College fee for the clinical rotation is $249.00, and includes the following:
- Name Badge for Clinical Rotation (if required)
- Fee for membership into the ASPT
- Cost of the ASPT National Certification exam
- Associated fees
You are responsible for the following additional items (NOT included in the $249.00 fee)
- Drug Screen/Background Check - minimum of $71.50 - must go through the college vendor, ESS
Information about the Optional Clinical Rotations will be discussed during the mandatory Enrollment Session. Payment for the Clinical Rotation is due after the first class of the Phlebotomy Technician Program.
Upon successful completion of the Phlebotomy Technician Program, the Optional Clinical Rotation, and receiving a passing score on the ASPT National Certification Examination, you will receive a National Certification through the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT).
NOTE: You must successfully complete the Phlebotomy Technician Program to participate in the Optional Clinical Rotation.
Please see the website for refund deadline/policy at www.calhoun.edu/phlebotomy.
For information about the class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.